Monday, August 27, 2007

Quilting and sampler

Today I have done a bit of quilting. Last year I bought on the Brisbane Quilt Show a quilt, it contains 12 kits. Have done already several kits.




Here you can see the whole quilt.

Last week I received from Annelies a pattern from Amsterdam's coat of arms. As I am born in Amsterdam, I will embroider it and use it with my genealogy. Found a picture of the coat of arms.



Love embroidery, have done a bit of it myself. Got also a sampler from my mother which has been in my family since the war years. During these my father had a second hand furniture shop and had bought it from a deceased estate. The lady was a "diaconess". My mum had it framed. It is nearly 200 hunderd years old.



Am a member of the dutch yahoogroup puzzleblocks, this year each has a turn and makes a pattern of a house. Next month it is my turn to make the pattern for a house. Tomorrow will have to start with it, have a look aroud my area and see if I can find a nice queensland home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rens,

Je hebt een werkelijk prachtige merklap in je bezit !!

Anonymous said...

Ha Rens, wat een mooie merklap. Via Annelies haar weblog kwam ik op de jouwe. Alles goed???
Heeft je leven weer een beetje draai gekregen na het overlijden van je man. Je zal hem nog veel missen denk ik.
Heel veel liefs en kom vaker kijken hoor.
Groetjes Anita der

Anonymous said...

Hallo Rens ik zag bij Annelies je merklap en kwam je er hier op je eigen web-log mee feliciteren. Het is een schoonheid!

Anonymous said...

Haaa Rens,
Fijn dat ik nu ook kan reageren. Eerder moest ik me ergens registreren...
Volg je blog al van bij de start!
Gollyville is leuk!!!