Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The joys of country living

This morning my dog started to bark suddenly and made a racket. I looked up and saw to my surprise a snake as thick as 2 fingers and about one and half metre long. Could see that Jaynne had bitten the snake. Called the dog off and the snake got away. It was a green tree snake. It is spring now and with the warmer weather the snakes are more active. This was the second one I saw.
Here where I live there is no water or sewerage. Have a big tank for my drinking water and are dependent on the rain to fill it up. My sewerage is a septic tank. Everything of the toilet goes into it and now that I am on my own, have to pump it empty over about 8 years. The water which is used in the house is collected in another tank and when full is then pumped empty with a sullagepump.



The pump to be connected

Some time ago I had lots of trouble with my pump, it was still under warranty. The shop people did not wanted to give me a new one. They said that the pump was working excellent. However every time I wanted to use it the electricity was cut off. My safety switch went off, when I switched the pump on. Could not pump the tank empty.
Went to another shop and said that I wanted to buy a new pump and was going to claim on my insurance but I needed another test. Got the pump in the second shop and they tested it and it was not good. I was right, the pump was OK but the electrical lead was burned out.
The end of the story I got a new pump on warranty and they made a copy of my invoice.



Sullagepump installed by myself.

The mowers and the pump are now working. Tomorrow I am going to the Brisbane Craft and Quilt Fair.

No comments: