Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Gold Coast

On Saturday the 13th went to the Gold Coast for a week with the Babes without boobs.
Got there around 12.30pm after dropping off Jayne at the kennel, picking up books at the library and a cup of coffee at the computer group at the library.
When I got there we went for lunch at the local pub. In the afternoon we had a walk on the beach.
On Sunday we did a boat trip around the canals and went also out.
We had a beautiful morning tea on the boat.



After our boat trip we had a look around and I bought a t-shirt for Robbie. Had an invite for Robby and Linda's birthday party on Saturday.



Started to knit a Carolus and finished it at the end of the week. .



We went to an sculpture exhibition. There were some good sculptures.



This one is made from bird wire.



There are times I feel exactly like this man with everybody pulling at you.



Had a look in Coolangatta and went also to the quiltstore in Tweeds Heads. There is so much, you can spend a long time there. Bought some wool.

We had a restday but in the afternoon I went for a walk and had a look at the kites, the others were flying.

The next day bought also a kite and flew it but after half an hour could not get the kite in the air anymore and had a look at. It was broken down.
Have now a year the time to make myself another one. Have the pattern now and will make one from fabric.



On Friday we left again after cleaning the unit.

On Saterday went to Linda's party and had a good time. Picked up Jayne in the late afternoon. She gets now to know the people, who look after her and is more settled.

When I woke up on saturday in my own bed I heard a bang on the roof and knew straightaway that was the possum, who had been for a long time a boarder at my place.
Before I went to the Coast the overhangings in the carport were covered up by my handyman with animal wire.



When Jayne came home she had a very difficult time hanging on the rafters.






It has not been back yet.

3 comments:

Linda Robertus said...

Hi Rens, nice pictures! Where was the sculpture exhibition?
Cheers,
Linda

glitterbug said...

The exhibition was on the Currumbin Beach near Elephant Rock.
Rens.

Anonymous said...

nou rens, die tentoonstelling leek me wel leuk, prachtige dingen daar hoor
groetjes uit belgie