Wednesday, September 12, 2007

First female premier of Queensland.

Today we got the first female premier of Queensland, Anna Bligh. Peter Beattie will officially retire tomorrow and there will be also a new cabinet. Good luck to her. She will be the 3rd female premier in Australian history. The first one was Dr Carmen Lawrence from West Australia. She became premier in February 1990. Joan Kirner from Victoria was the second on the 7th of August 1990. Now it is Queensland's turn.
The Federal government could do with a female Prime Minister.

Have worked very hard at my pattern for a quilting house block. This month it is my turn to produce a block, cannot show it because it is to be a puzzle. Send the pattern and the other side has to put it together but they do not know how it looks like.It is my second australian house, the first one I can show you.




Here is the original picture, so you can see how I interpreted the picture.




Had today my eyes tested. There were minimal changes and not worth to get new glasses, have to come back over 6 months. The pressure on my eyes is high but still good and they want to keep an eye on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your "house" block !!