Saturday, December 15, 2007

Mower had it, will buy a new one.

Wednesday I went to the Instuif. This is a group of dutch people, who get together every second Wednesday in the city in the Meyer's Centre for a cup of coffee and a talk. Last month I went for the first time and I liked it. So will continue to go there for some time. We were to get a Christmas cake but the owner of the cafe had forgotten about the cake. We could buy a piece of cake for $5 each with about 15 people there, the cake was $35.
Thursday I went to the quilting group, the last time for this year, we will meet again in February. January this often too hot and too humid. The schoolchildren are also home because it is school holiday.



My quilting buddies

Yesterday I have been mowing again the front lawn this time, was half way and ran out of petrol. Filled up again and had problems with the mower. Have been playing a bit with it and it started, but when I started mowing after a while it said Puff and out was the mower. It is the last time that I have been mowing with this mower. Go Monday out and buy myself a nice Christmas present a new mower. Have spend already a fortune on it. This one is 5 year old and it has done a lot of heavy mowing and is not good anymore. Had bought some time ago a BBQ at Aldi. Had it already assembled with a friend but the big wheels were not done yet because the washers Aldi had supplied were just too small. Had bought a file at Bunnings(hardware store) and filed the hole a bit bigger and put the wheels on. Now i can push it out of the garage and have a BBQ.
Went today to Alice's place and picked the TV up. It will replace mine which went on the blink. It is at the moment still in the car. Tomorrow Koos a friend will come and help to get the tv out of the car.
Between all of this I do a little bit a applique on the gollyville quilt. Do also a bit of cross stitch. Have done a christmas chicken. Will try if I can use it for my
365 challenge.

1 comment:

Annelies said...

Hi Rens,

I just finished another row for my 365 challenge.
I think your cross stitch is very original for your challenge !