Wednesday, December 19, 2007

On Sundays I do my laundry. It was very quick dry and got it inside. Listened at 11 am to the Dutch radio, which is send out here in Brisbane. Get to hear what had happened in my birth country. Cannot call it any more my country. It is now Australia, although I am not naturalised. Maybe I will do it one day but not at the moment.

In the afternoon I got a visitor without me noticing. My neighbour has a slasher and he did some slashing, which I appreciated very much. There is on my side of the fence a couple of holes. Will fill them up with soil and then his horses can graze here on the property and the pressure of mowing all the time will be a bit relieved.
It makes me very depressed.

On Monday in the afternoon James the plumber came. In the new year he will install a new laundry tub and a toilet suite. It will be a dual flush. He had a look at my gutters and I do not have to replace them yet but they could have a realignment, which he will do also. That saves me a bit of money.
Had that day finished the train on my gollyville quilt.



Yesterday I went out and had a look at a mower. Have seen some beauties they are expensive too. Between the $500 and $700. Have been today again looking for a mower and was in a shop where I was told, I could have the engine changed, a whole new engine in the chassis for $320. A lot cheaper. Will have to think about it.

Have started with knitting, have not done that for ages and straight with 4 needles. Yes I am knitting a little bear. Am using only one color. Will make more than one it is very relaxing.

On top of this have started on my cross stitch ufo, a cockatoo.

3 comments:

Annelies said...

Hello Rens,

I have already seen bits of your quilt and I like it very much.
Good to see you are doing some cross-stitch too.
I wish you a Merry Christmas and a very happy 2008 !

Agapequilt said...

Ciao Rens
Happy New Year 2008

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.