Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Never a dull moment

It's nearly a fortnight that I have been writing here. In general I am busy with mowing the yard. The council strip is looking good again. The front of the property also. Have that done the last two evenings. Cannot work outside during daytime. It is too hot and too much sunshine then. Even with using suncreen I will burn. The big pieces of lawn is done with the ride-on, a big machine with 12hp engine in it and go with a speed of 20km over it. The corners you have to do a bit slower.

On Monday brought my car to the mecanic. The car needed a new headgasket, this would take a couple of days. Got it back this morning. Bought a pruning saw and did a bit of pruning. Had to stop because it started to rain.

When it was time to feed Jaynne, I neede some hot water.Turn the tap and tap gave way and was in my hand. Could not turn the water off. Ran outside to the waterpump and closed the water off there. Now I had to fix the tap. Got a screwdriver but saw I needed a spanner. Could not find any but something else which I could use. Ran inside looked at the hotwatertap how to fix the coldwatertap. It's working oke now. Looks like that everyday something is breaking down and I have to fix it.
Once a fortnight I clean the gutters so there are no leaves so the water runs easely in the tank.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jemig Rens wat ben je handig!

glitterbug said...

Als je alleen woont moet je wel. Bij de tijd dat een loodgieter komt is al je water op en moet je nieuw kopen, terwijl ik het nu allemaal voor niets krijg.