Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year

Yes, I know, I am a bit late with this but it is still well meant. Some time ago I was saying that I was going to get a new mower, well I changed my mind and I am going to get a new engine in the mower. Had seen the new ones, the chassis is not as strong as mine. It cost less too.
Had a quote for bricking in the poles of the carport and have now a brickie. Have been out to buy new bricks but the factory was closed. Next week they are open again
and will have a look then.
Have been selling a lot of books to a second hand shop and got quit a bit of credit for it. Been there twice, the second time I bought some books.
Just before Christmas, I send a lot of siggies out with 2007 on it and can start the new year with the 2008.
Have received a couple new ones.

This one is from Anne-Sophie Vermeeren from France.



Inge Brinkman, the Netherlands.



Luciana Momesso, Italy



Am in a siggie swap and you can join if you want send then an email to Annelies and she will give you all the information.

Had Alice home with the Christmas days. Christmas day we went to Morayfield to Jati. Bob had a cousin here and Jati was his wife. We had a very good day.

My Lodewijk is nearly finished, have to sew it together and fill it.

With the change from 2007 to 2008 we had hardly any fireworks where I live. In the city was fireworks and they are very good. With Australia day(26 January) there will be again fireworks and can go then. Hope that the weather is then better as it is now. It is very cool and raining and this is already going on for about 10 days. The drought is still not broken because the rain did not fall in the right places so the dams can fill up. Have been working hard in the yard, a big branch was fallen against the fench and a pine tree. The branch is now in smaller pieces and I started already on the pine tree, but have this one to saw in smaller pieces.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Beautiful blocks! You will have such a special momento of your friends

Anonymous said...

hai Rens, mooie siggies weer. En nog steeds te droog? Hopelijk heeft de overstroming niet jouw huis bereikt.

Anonymous said...

die anonymou was ik dus, groetjes Shirley

Annelies said...

Hello Rens,

I wish you a very happy 2008 !!