Monday, January 14, 2008

Yesterday I finished all the battens and started on the rafters. Got a slash hammer and started knocking on the end of a batten. It took me a long time to get one loose. It was definitely not working. Stopped, it was in the meantime also about 5.30pm. Had to find another solution. Thought up to saw all the battens off with an electric saw but suddenly I thought, why not bring in the experts. Rang a handyman, who had already done some work for me, it was about 8.15 am Mondaymorning. By 12 noon he had still not rang me. Conclusion he is busy. Rang some else (got from a big hardware store here in Browns Plains several cards from tradesmen they recommend) he was home and can do the job for me. He will come on Wednesday. He is from "Hire a Hubby". Lucky me.

At about 10am I got visitors, after the coffee they interviewed me and recorded it. Someday it will be broadcasted here in Brisbane on 4EB, the dutch radio on FM 98.1. There are 4 days they are broadcasting in the dutch language.

We also have been talking afterwards about genealogy. It is one of my hobbies.
Am researching my married name. My maiden name is already done and several people have it published on the internet and written a book about it.
It is very interesting to do this. My husband was born in Indonesia and there are very few records. I was lucky that I found the birth records of his grandfather, which gave me the name of his great grandfather and I could make the link to the Netherlands, where great grandfather was born. His great grandmother was born in Indonesia out of dutch parents, who were living in Indonesia.

No comments: