Saturday, January 12, 2008

Start of renovating

Yesterday I went out and did some shopping for the house. Went to Reece and bought a new dual flush toilet 6 ltr/3 ltr, a new stainless steel laundry tub and a new vanity basin for in the bathroom plus some traps for the laundry and vanity basin. Next Thursday James will come and install it.

I am in the process of demolishing my pergola. Yesterday I started and got the shade cloth and 5 fibro sheets off.



They are fastened with wood screws, use the cordless drill to get them out.



Today I finished with another 4 sheets. Hooray that is done. Today I was wearing long sleeves, which I didn't yesterday and got very fine fibres on my arms which is irritating. Because the sheets were there for years the sun has deteriorated them and the surface is not smooth anymore. The other side is still smooth. Will see if I can use it somewhere else. Might make a chookhouse or a shade house for plants.



Have also bought bricks for the carport and will have first all this work done, before I decide what will be next.

No comments: