Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bathroom

On Wednesday I got a message from James that he would be coming on sunday and install my vanity base. So started to take the tiles off in the bathroom. They had to come off because washbasin is completely tiled in. They will be broken anyway with taking the base out. The builder had first installed the basin and then the tiler poured cement on the slab and put on that the floortiles and then the walltiles.



It left me a hole in the floor which I have now to fill. Any idea with what I can close that hole?



Because it is now standing on the floor, the basin is now a lot higher. I think about 7cm.



James had trouble with taking the old basin out and told me that it he could only get it out in pieces. That was fine by me, it was not worth keeping it.
Put straight some of it in the wheelie bin and on thursday it will go out. Every time a little bit and in time it is all gone.

Have been to Bunnings to get some prizes on wood for a new pergola. Will have to do this before we join Logan City. I am going to move from shire to city without moving house.
Last year the Queensland government in all its wishdom has been passing a law to amalgamate councils. Well the Beaudesert shire council will be split in two. The northren part is going to Logan city(where I am living), the rest is going to join with Boonah shire and gets a new name.
My opinion, there were too many councils and something had to be done about this but not the way it is done. Not much consultations with the councils and the government puts its way through.

Yesterday I let Jaynne, my dog out, had to go hospital for checkup and she got a snake in her mouth. Called her back the snake was crawling around her legs and could not see if she was bitten. Anyway called the vet and went to see him. They have done a test on her. When I was in the carpark near the PA Hospital called the vet and he said, she was oke they did not find venim in her blood. It is not 100% sure but sure enough. Rang then my friend(neighbour) and she picked Jaynne up from the vet.
Was about 6pm back from the PA and got Jaynne.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hai Rens, mooie wastafelmeubel, jammer van de kale tegels en kier bij de vloer aan de onderkant. Misschien kan je het dichtkitten? Hier heb je van die witte kit om gaten in muren mee te repareren, dit tussen muur/vloer en meubel smeren en glad strijken?
groetjes Shirley

glitterbug said...

Hi Shirley, Had thought to chip carefully the two tiles out and replace it with a new one. It is on both sides the hole. There are plenty of these tiles over when they finished with the house in 1984. I am going to get new walltiles in the bathroom and laundry. Have to get them of the walls and scrape it, then the new ones can go on.