Sunday, June 3, 2007

Busy for daughter's homecoming

Have been busy the last couple of days. End this month DD is coming back home from travelling through Europe and her 21st birthday quilt had to be finished by then. Last Friday I got the top finished and went straight the top and back straight away to be professionally quilted. The lady will also do the binding so I get a finished quilt back. Have to do the label and a sleeve but that is not too much work anymore.
Last month i bought a new sewing machine and need some more lessons. Have still to learn to do it properly.

Now I can turn my attention to my rag quilt, have to stitch through and then it is also finished. Oh, I have so many UFOs laying around. Have blocks for 3 quilts to put together from swaps and then not to forget the siggies have about a 700 a 800 and still collecting.

When DD comes home she will not recognise her bedroom, I will be using it for my sewing. Have already packed her stuff. The bed has to be under the window so that I can get more space and put in more cupboards for my fabrics. They are now under her bed and everywhere. On long side of the room has already shelves and I have one more shelf, which can go up and then a table under neath it. DD will be busy within a couple of days and be gone. She will have to look for a job and will move out again.
So I can use the room then as a sewingroom.

1 comment:

Annelies said...

Hello Rens,

I love your blog !
I think all quilters have lots of projects. That's what makes quilting so much fun.
Do continue collecting siggies. At the moment I have 970 siggies and also still collecting !