Friday, June 15, 2007

Sad news

It is now more then a week ago that my husband (Bob) suddenly passed away. Was going to bring him to the doctor. Opened the gate so we could drive straightaway. Come back in the house and find him on the floor in the bedroom. Rang 000 for an ambulance and was told to start with CPR. When the ambulance came, it was to late.

The coroner has done an autopsy, he had heart problems and did not know himself.
He had expressed the wish to be cremated. Today the lady from the funeral services brought me the ashes.

My daughter will come back on the 26th of June, she will be landing at Brisbane airport 7.25 pm.

Koos a friend will drive me to and from the airport, which is very much appreciated.
On Saturday the 30th we will be having a wake for him.
At the moment it seems that my life is at a stand still. Waiting for Alice to come back home and have that wake and I can then go on with my life or try to get on. Will have to learn to live on my own again and after 35 year marriage it will not be easy. It is very quiet in the house.
There will be a lot to do and do not know if I will manage. It is a big piece of land 1.3 ha. Have to mow the grass and do the gardening. Things I have not done before. Have to go through Bob's stuff and see what I can still use and what to clear out. New mowing machines have to come because the ones there are, I cannot manage and I do not want all the time to ask my neighbours. The house has also to be sorted out and new paint is needed. Enough to keep me busy for a while.

No comments: